Speeches and Panel Talks
Phumlani is a public speaker, and has given more than ten talks since August 2015. Below is the list of his previous and upcoming talks:
- Panelist at the South African Institute of Race Relations’ event on youth issues: Constitution Hill, Johannesburg, August 2015
- Guest speaker on entrepreneurship at South African Institute of Welding: South African Institute of Welding, Westville, Durban, October 2015
- Guest speaker in the Tuck Business School (from New Hampshire, Unite States of America) Program on the key challenges South Africa faces moving forward: Sandton, Johannesburg, March 2016
- Guest speaker on the historical failures of centrally planned economies at East Africa Students For Liberty Conference: Catholic University of Eastern Africa, Nairobi, Kenya, June 2016
- Guest speaker on my journey to success at the Accenture Education Trust Workshop: Sandton, Johannesburg, August 2016
- Host at the launch of Professor Jonathan Jansen’s book Leading For Change: Race, Intimacy and Leadership on Divided University Campuses: Auckland Park, Johannesburg, May 2016
- Guest speaker at the Tuck Business School (from New Hampshire, Unite States of America) Program on the key challenges South Africa faces moving forward: Sandton, Johannesburg, March 2017
- Speaker and panelist on how black South Africans perceive South Africa’s Jewish community: Holocaust and Genocide Centre, Johannesburg, April 2017
- Speaker and moderator at Property Point’s To The Point Session on South Africa’s economy and small businesses: Hyde Park, Sandton, Johannesburg, July 2017
- Panellist at SA Brand Summit discussing the state of politics in South Africa, along with Advocate Thuli Madonsela: Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town, May 2018
- Moderator at Property Point’s session on how to grow small businesses in South Africa, featuring the minister of small businesses, Lindiwe Zulu: Emperors Palace, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, October 2018
- Panellist at Property Point’s To The Point Session on how entrepreneurs can thrive in the age of COVID-19 that is destabilizing South Africa’s economy, March 2020
UPCOMING 2020 TALKS AND EVENTS
- Phumlani has been invited to a conference at the University of the Free State – scheduled for the 10th to the 11th of February 2020. The theme of the conference is titled “South Africa and Africa: Prevaricating at the Precipice?”
- Phumlani was supposed to address MBA students from Tuck Business School, United States of America, in Johannesburg on the 12th of March 2020. Tuck Business School cancelled the tour due to the global Covid-19 pandemic.
- Phumlani will speak on the politics and economy of Africa at the Brand Summit Africa scheduled for the first week of October 2020 in Cape Town.
- The South African Reward Association (SARA) will be hosting its annual conference on 5 and 6 November at The Indaba Hotel, Fourways. Phumlani will be a keynote speaker at this conference.
To invite Phumlani to speak at your event, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. He’s interested in speaking on matters of the South African economy, global markets and politics.